Required Visa Documentation

© 2016. All right reserved | Registered Migration Agent Number 0213485

What documentation is needed when lodging a Visa?

There are a lot of forms to fill in and documents to provide along with any visa application. Make sure you get it right first time to avoid delays and maximise your chances of being granted your visa.

Q.  How do I fill in forms on the Department of Immigration and Border Control website?

Follow these requirements to ensure your application is valid: 

      • PDF forms: You will need to print a copy, and then fill in the form by hand.
      • Fillable PDF forms: This has fillable sections that can be typed in on a computer and then printed out and signed, rather than printing the form and filling in by hand.
      • The application form used must be the correct form for the class of visa sought, and must be completed in accordance with the form instructions.
      • Complete the application in English.
      • Answer all questions truthfully – if you provide incorrect information or documents, your visa may not be granted.
      • Provide originals or certified copies of any required documents unless the department advises otherwise.

Q. When should I provide an original document?

In most instances you must provide original police certificates with your application. When attending medical checks, you must present your original passport for identity verification. 

For the most part, electronically submitted visa applications will require clear, colour scans of the original documents. It is best if you submit 'certified copy' of a document.

Q. What is a ‘certified copy’ of a document?

A ‘certified copy’ is a copy of an original document such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of identity that has been authorised (or stamped) as being a true copy of an original. You should provide 'certified copies' of original documents, rather than the original documents.

Your Visa Solutions Australia Registered Migration Agent can certify copies of original documents, for submission with your visa application.

Q. Do I need to provide my photograph and fingerprints if I lodge my visa application online?

If applying in Australia: you do not have to provide your fingerprints unless Immigration asks you to. Passport photographs should be provided in all visa application, so scan the photographs and attach to your online application. If applying from outside Australia you will be contacted in writing if you need to provide your photograph and fingerprints. If your online lodgement is unsuccessful, you may need to go to an Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) to lodge your visa application. In most countries, your photograph and fingerprint scan will be done at the AVAC as part of a biometric verification test.

Q.  Do I have to get my photograph taken if I wear a veil?

Yes. Your face must be clearly visible for a photograph to be taken. If you wear a head or neck covering for religious reasons, you must make sure that your whole face can be clearly seen. 

Call us today on +618 9328 2664 or National Toll free 1800 828 008

We are in the business of solutions, no problem too big or too small. Contact us today for a prompt response. Contact Us